This guidance is for the approved verifying bodies (VB) and verifiers to complete verification of the Higg Facility Social & Labor Module (Higg FSLM).
- Process Overview
1) Verifier Body ensures all approved Higg FSLM verifiers appear in the VB account on the SLCP Gateway. To confirm your verifiers are on the SLCP Gateway, please go to “Overview Verifiers” in your account on the gateway.
2) Verifier Body ensures all approved Higg FSLM verifiers are also added to the VB account on the Higg.org platform. SAC has set up all approved VB accounts on Higg.org. The VB account admin must invite all approved verifiers to the account. You can refer to the org Account Management Guide to learn how to invite a team member to your existing account on Higg.org. To review your list of verifiers and their status on Higg.org, please go to the “My Team” tab on your account home page.
3) Verifying body must assign a verifier to assess a facility on the SLCP Gateway.
a. Verifying body will receive an email that an assessment is ready to be assigned to a verifier.
b. Login to your verifying body account on the SLCP Gateway (https://gateway.slconvergence.org/home).
c. Go to “Assessments,” find the corresponding assessment and click “Select Verifier.” You can check the assessment ID, facility ID, and facility name to confirm you have chosen the correct assessment. Only when the assessment status is "Assessment Completed" on this page, the verifier can't be assigned.
d. Select the verifier who will conduct the assessment and click “Save.” Then the facility will receive an email with a notification that the verifier has been assigned to it.
4) The VB must wait until it receives an email with a notification that the factory has completed the self-assessment and submitted it for verification. Then, the verifier can proceed with verification.
5) Selected verifier approves the sharing request on Higg.org (https://portal.higg.org)
a. Verifier logs in to his or her account on org. Verifiers with multiple accounts must select their organization’s account (e.g. if you are a second-party verifier and work for a brand, you must choose the brand account, such as Target; if you are a third-party verifier, you must select the account of the service provider you work for, such as SGS)
b. Go to the Higg FSLM section, click “Modules.” Click the “Pending Share Approval” tab to approve the sharing request from the factory requesting verification.
c. Click the “Shared with Me” tab and click magnifying glass icon under the “View” category to access the factory’s assessment.
d. Please note: A verifier must be assigned to a shared FSLM on the SLCP Gateway to then see it on the Higg.org platform. Other Higg.org users not assigned to a shared FSLM assessment through the SLCP Gateway cannot see or access a shared FSLM on Higg.org.
6) Begin Verification
Click the gray “Begin Verification” button at the bottom of the left column. Then the facility will receive an email with a notification that the verifier has started the verification.
Before conducting the verification at a facility, the verifier must confirm:
- His or her account is set up on Higg.org
- He or she can access the shared Higg FSLM
- He or she can see the “Begin Verification” button on the FSLM assessment
If any of these is not accessible, please contact the SAC Support team to fix the issue before the verification starts.
7) Conduct the Verification
Verifier can start the verification.
a. Select “Accurate/Inaccurate/No-response” in the dropdown list for each question in the Higg FSLM assessment.
b. Input verification comments and correct the response in the “Verifier Information” section if the original response is incorrect.
- In the verifier information pop-up window, the verifier can add the related legal requirements such as ILO conventions and click “Flag” to flag critical issues in the verification information form. NOTE: Only the facility profile section does not have these options.
c. The verifier can upload a file by clicking the attachment icon at the right button of each question.
d. There is a filter tab shown on the top of the assessment page. The verifier can filter by All, Accurate, Inaccurate, No response, and Unverified sections. The verifier also can have inclusive filters. For example, filter both Accurate and Inaccurate.
- All: verify all questions or see all questions’ verified results
- Accurate: see all questions that verifier has marked as accurate
- Inaccurate: see all questions that verifier has marked as inaccurate
- No response: see all questions that verifier has marked as no response
- Unverified: all questions that haven’t been verified. Once the question is verified, it will be removed from the Unverified view to the related section based on its verified result
8) Submit verification
Once the verification is complete, the verifier can click “Submit Verification” on the bottom left.
9) Verifying body checks the verification status on both SLCP Gateway and Higg.org platform
Check FSLM Status on SLCP Gateway
- Once verifier submits the verification, the facility will receive an email with a notification that the verification is ready for review.
- If the facility disputes the verification, the verifier will receive an email with a notification of the dispute. The verifying body can login to its account on the SLCP Gateway and check the verification status indicated as “Verification Disputed” in the “Assessment” section.
3) If the facility finalizes the assessment, the verifier will receive an email notification. The verifying body can login to its account on the SLCP Gateway and check the verification status indicated as “Verification Finalized” in the “Assessment” section.
Check FSLM Status on Higg.org Platform
- Click the “Shared with Me” section under the Modules tab of the FSLM section to check the status of FSLM modules. See a module’s SLCP Project ID, SLCP status, view, and download a verified FSLM in Excel. You can also click “Download” to download the list of the modules shared with your account.
For assistance with the SLCP Gateway, contact SLCP2018LOps@apparelcoalition.org.
For assistance with Higg.org, contact firstname.lastname@example.org