Registration Process Overview:
Visit higg.org to register for the Higg Index
- Users that previously had accounts on higg.org will be emailed a password reset notification to login to their accounts on November 8, 2018.
- All NEW customers, including new SAC members, need to register their accounts on the higg.org platform: portal.higg.org
- Note: Do not register on the Higg Index training website: howtohigg.org
- After you have set up your account you can click “Login” to access your account. If you forgot your password, click “Forgot Password” and you will be emailed a password reset link.
If you are new to the Higg Index and need to set up a new account
If you need to register for a new account, click “Don’t Have an Account? Create an Account”. Complete all required information in the registration form. Details for completing each section are outlined below.
1. Enter your user profile information:
You will first be asked to enter your user information and password. After completing the information, click “Create” to go to the next step.
2. Search for or add your Company Account
Next you will be asked to either search for your company name or create a new company account.
- First search for your company account (Account name or Higg ID number) to make sure it is not already set up in the system.
- If you find your existing account, select it and click “Join this account”. Your request will be approved by the account owner (the user who set up the account). Once they approve your registration, you will be able to login.
- If you do not find your account or you never had an account, click “Create company” to register a new company account.
3. Create A New Company Account
- Once you click “Create company”, enter in all the correct information about your account in English in the form and hit “Create company” to submit your account information.
- Company name: Each account should represent an individual factory or business. Enter your company name in English.
- SAC member: Switch to yes if you are a member of the SAC. If you are not sure if you are an SAC member, please see a full list of SAC members please visit, https://apparelcoalition.org/members/
- Parent Company: Search for your parent company name, you will be able to see a dropdown list and select your parent company. If you don’t find your parent company, you can enter your parent company in the field.
- Account Type: Choose your account type:
- Facility: Manufacturers/Factories that will complete the Higg Facility Modules. (You must select facility to have access to Facility Modules)
- Brand: Brands and retailers
- Verification Body: Organizations accredited to conduct verification
- Other: Sourcing agents, vendors, NGO’s, and other SAC member organizations that do not need to complete modules.
- Organization Affiliation: you can select multiple options.
- OIA: if you are a member of Outdoor Industry Association (OIA)
- Higg SME Access: Higg SME means Small & Medium Enterprise Brands/Retailers that have subscribed to access the Higg Index, but they are not SAC members.
- Not Applicable: neither OIA nor Higg SME Access.
4. Review and Approve Accounts
- After submitting the account registration, your account will be pending approval by the Higg Index support team. Your account will be reviewed and approved within 3-4 business days. If you do not receive an email notification approving your account after 4 business days, please contact Higg Index support at org/request
- Once the Account request is approved: the requesting user will receive an account approval notification via email from email@example.com
- If an account request is declined: the requesting user will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why the request has been declined and how to re-register.Add a new account from your existing account