In this guidance, you will know:
- How to complete the FEM self-assessment in your account
- How to post and view your FEM self-assessment after completed
Once you have activated your Higg FEM
- Click on the “FEM” tab at the top of the page
- Select “Edit FEM” – this will open your FEM assessment
Navigating the Higg FEM
FEM home page dashboard information review
- Purchasing module button: to purchase the facility module(s)
- Available Actions: the actions you can do based on your current status
- Module status and verification information: your current module status and verification information if you start the verification
- Facility information: facility's basic information
- View or edit or download the FEM: you can click "Edit FEM" to access your FEM online or you can download the FEM into an excel file or CSV file.
- Activity history: all the previous actions happened
- Result report: score, verification and GHG reports for your FEM data.
1. Completing the Higg FEM online
- You must complete the FEM in English.
- After clicking "Edit FEM" button, the first time you open your module, you will automatically start with the “Site Info Permits” section. You will need to complete the “Site Info Permits” section first before moving on to other sections of the module.
- You can quickly and easily navigate between the different sections of the module using the navigation on the left side of the page. Click on a section to jump to that part of the module.
- You can see your overall progress (questions answered) in completing your module and each section in the left-side panel.
- The bars below the section will show which level was achieved in that section. Level achievement means that all of the practices asked about in that level have either been fully or partially implemented.
- You can click "Additional Filters" on the top bar to find out the unanswered questions.
2. Rules of completing the FEM:
1). Completing Level 1 questions first
- In Higg FEM, you must meet Level 1 practices (can answer "Yes" or "Partial Yes" to all Level 1 questions) before you can move on to Level 2 or Level 3 questions. You will not be able to view or answer Level 2 or Level 3 questions unless you have implemented practices from all Level 1 questions. This ensures basic practices, such as compliance and tracking, are established before moving on to more advanced practices.
- If you have met all Level 1 practices, then Level 2 and Level 3 questions will appear once you finalize Level 1 questions.
- If you have not met all Level 1 practices, then you will end at Level 1 for that section of the module and can proceed to the next section.
2). Completing the applicable questions
- Facilities must answer all applicable questions in Higg FEM to complete the assessment.
- Many questions will have a hint as a question guidance tip. For complete guidance for each question in the Higg FEM, please review the FEM How to Higg Guide.
- Many question hints will list “suggested uploads”. These are recommended documents that support the answer to the question that will be reviewed during verification. You can upload such documents by clicking on the document icon nextto the question. Suggested uploads are NOT required complete the assessment question, but may be checked if verification is completed.
- Other questions may require document uploads. If that is the case, you will see a separate question where you can upload the file. If you click on the ‘?’ hint, you will see additional information on the files required for upload.
3). Completion Index
- You must make sure that your FEM completion rate is over 95% so you can post the FEM. You can check your FEM completion rate on the FEM home page or in the FEM assessment.
3. Completing the Higg FEM offline: Exporting/Importing Modules
A module may be exported into an excel file, worked on in the excel file, and then re-imported into the platform. To do this:
1). Export the module into excel by going to the Modules page, locating the current assessment under "My Modules" and clicking the "Excel" to download the file.
2). Or you can download the excel file on the FEM home page.
This will download your current assessment responses into an excel file. The file may take a minute or two to download.
Open the excel file to work on the module. Make sure to save as you update module responses.
Once you're done with update the file completely, save the file and close it down fully. It will ask you to "save the data for import" and you'll click "yes". This will make sure your updated responses are ready to import into the platform.
To import your updated module:
Open the current Higg FEM in the platform and find the "Import Module" button on the blue left-side panel. A pop up will open and you can select your saved excel file for import.
Note: when you import an excel assessment, you will override any responses you had previously entered in the online assessment (the system will transfer only the responses in the excel file).
4. Posting Modules:
All applicable questions must be answered in order to post your module. Once you have answered all the required questions you will see the button to “Submit/Post Assessment” in the left blue bar. You must make sure that your FEM completion rate is over 95% so you can post the FEM.
Or you can see the "Submit/Post Assessment" option on the FEM home page. Once you post it, your FEM module status will become ASC (Assessment Completed). Under this status, you can't unpost and edit it. If you need to edit it, please contact Higg Index Support team to request for editing - howtohigg.org/request.
After posting the FEM module, you are able to see the "posted" status on the FEM home page or under "My Module" tab on your FEM module page
Posting your module locks all your responses and allows your connections to view your posted module. Connections cannot view your module until the module is posted. Once you post the module, you can't edit and unpost it. So make sure that you review and double check your data before posting it.
Training and Support
For complete guidance on how to accurately respond to every question in the Higg FEM, please review the FEM How to Higg Guide.
- The Higg FEM How to Higg Guide provides information for every question in the Higg FEM. For every question, the guide will explain:
- The intent of the question (what is the purpose of the question?)
- Any technical guidance or resource links to help answer that question
- Information on how the question will be verified (documentation required, what will be asked, what will be inspected)
- The How to Higg guide will be translated into multiple languages by the end of 2018. Please click the “English” Language link at the top of the page to switch to a different language.
Additional training materials about the Higg FEM content and structure can be found on howtohigg.org: https://apparelcoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000634451-Higg-FEM-Content-Training