Starting and Completing Higg FEM
Facilities that have successfully set up accounts on higg.org may then start their 2018 Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM). To get started with your module, you have a few options to access your module from the higg.org home page.
SAC Members will see different options on the home screen than Non-member Higg Users:
Non-member Facility Users:
The first time you log into your account you will see the following options on the home page:
If you paid for modules during early registration:
- Click “Claim a Pre-Purchased Module” and submit your invoice number. The invoice was emailed do you as a receipt for your module payment when you made the purchase.
- The Higg Index support team will receive your request to claim your module and will activate the modules you paid for within your account within 5 business days. If you do not see a module within your account after 5 business days, please contact email@example.com
If you have not paid for your 2018 Higg FEM yet:
- From the home screen select “Purchase FEM” if you want to only access the self-assessment, or select “Purchase FEM/vFEM Bundle” if you’d like to pay for access to both a self-assessment and a verified module (if you know you will be completing verification).
- Complete the payment steps outlined in the Higg.org Payment Guide
SAC Member Manufacturers
If you are unsure if your company is an SAC member, you can view a list of SAC members by visiting: https://apparelcoalition.org/members/
The first time you log into your account you will see the following option on the home page:
- First go to the “FEM” tab at the top of the screen to confirm you do not already have a Higg FEM ready to edit.
- If you do not see a Higg FEM to edit, click “Request Module” and submit a request to Higg Index support with the name of your account and your account ID to request a module.
- SAC members do NOT need pay for modules. This is already included in your membership dues.
- Higg Index Support will activate a Higg FEM in your account within 5 business days.
Once you have activated your Higg FEM
- Click on the “FEM” tab at the top of the page
- Select “Edit FEM” – this will open your 2018 assessment
Navigating the Higg FEM
- The first time you open your module, you will automatically start with the “Site Info Permits” section. You will need to complete the “Site Info Permits” section first before moving on to other sections of the module.
- You can quickly and easily navigate between the different sections of the module using the navigation on the left side of the page. Click on a section to jump to that part of the module.
- You can see your overall progress in completing your module and each section in the left-side panel.
Completing Level 1 Questions First
- In Higg FEM, you must meet Level 1 practices before you can move on to Level 2 or Level 3 questions. You will not be able to view or answer Level 2 or Level 3 questions unless you have implemented practices from all Level 1 questions. This ensures basic practices, such as compliance and tracking, are established before moving on to more advanced practices.
- If you have met all Level 1 practices, then Level 2 and Level 3 questions will appear once you finalize Level 1 questions.
- If you have not met all Level 1 practices, then you will end at Level 1 for that section of the module and can proceed to the next section.
Completing the Module:
- Facilities must answer all applicable questions in Higg FEM to complete the assessment.
- Many questions will have a ‘?’ symbol next to the question. If you click on this, you will view the question hint which will provide more information about the question. For complete guidance for each question in the Higg FEM, please review the FEM How to Higg Guide.
- Many question hints will list “suggested uploads”. These are recommended documents that support the answer to the question that will be reviewed during verification. You can upload such documents by clicking on the document icon next to the question. Suggested uploads are NOT required complete the assessment question, but may be checked if verification is completed.
- Other questions may require document uploads. If that is the case, you will see a separate question where you can upload the file. If you click on the ‘?’ hint, you will see additional information on the files required for upload.
- Facilities can post their 2018 Higg FEM starting in January 2019. You will not see the option to post your module until this time. The Higg Index deadline to post 2018 modules is June 30, 2019, though your customers may request earlier deadlines for module completion. You will not be able to edit or post a 2018 module after June 30, 2019.
All applicable questions must be answered in order to post your module. Once you have answered all the required questions you will see the button to “Post Module” in the left blue menu.
Posting your module locks all your responses and allows your connections to view your posted module. Connections cannot view your module until the module is posted.
If you need to edit responses to your assessment after you have posted your module, you can only do so if it is before the June 30 module deadline. If it is before the deadline, go back into the module and click “Unpost Module” and make the required edits. You must click “Post Module” again before the June 30 deadline to finalize your module and ensure your connections can view it.
You cannot “Post Module” or edit responses after the June 30th deadline. Please double check that your module is posted by this date.
Training and Support
For complete guidance on how to accurately respond to every question in the Higg FEM, please review the FEM How to Higg Guide.
- The Higg FEM How to Higg Guide provides information for every question in the Higg FEM. For every question, the guide will explain:
- The intent of the question (what is the purpose of the question?)
- Any technical guidance or resource links to help answer that question
- Information on how the question will be verified (documentation required, what will be asked, what will be inspected)
- The How to Higg guide will be translated into multiple languages by the end of 2018. Please click the “English” Language link at the top of the page to switch to a different language.
Additional training materials about the Higg FEM content and structure can be found on howtohigg.org: https://apparelcoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000634451-Higg-FEM-Content-Training