SUSTAINABLE APPAREL COALITION
Last Updated July 28, 2015
This Policy explains how the information you submit to Higg.org is collected, used, and
disclosed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies
the SAC’s website located at Higg.org (the “Site”), and the services and resources available via
the Site, including the Higg Index (the “Index”, and collectively with the Site and services
available therein, the “Services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT, 2 TYPES
1. HIGG CONTENT
We encourage you to provide specific information about your company or organization and to
respond to questions posed on the Site and in the Higg Index. All information entered by Higg
Users regarding the Higg Users’ company or organization in Higg.org is the “Higg Content” or
Higg Content includes:
• Responses to all Higg indicators (text, answer options selected, numbers, units, etc)
• Account profile information
• Primary data entered for all Higg metrics
• Comments entered as notes or leading practices
• Documents uploaded into Higg module or verification field
• Brand and facility site information (e.g., annual production data, % applicabilities)
• Export results
• And all other content of this nature
2. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you in various ways when you use our Services:
• We may collect personal information such as your first and last name, professional title,
company name, email and mailing addresses, and password when you create an account
to log in to our network (“Account”);
• When you order certain Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to
complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing
information and shipping information;
• We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email
address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply;
• We may also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us
voluntarily if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you
visit our Site your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times,
browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically.
We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
• Cookies. We may automatically collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are
small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Among other things, cookies
features are popular and to count visits to our Site.
• Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are
electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons
to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to
tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
• Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the Site.
Site, what pages they visit, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the Site.
We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our Site and
Services. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date
you visit the Site, rather than your name or other personally identifying information.
We do not combine the information generated through the use of Google Analytics
with your personal information. Although Google Analytics plants a persistent Cookie
on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit the Site,
the Cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google’s ability to use and share
information collected by Google Analytics about your visits to the Site is restricted by
USE OF CONTENT AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use Higg Content collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or
disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your
• Provide industry benchmarks, trends, and analytics
• Identify leading industry practices
• Improve content and scoring frameworks for future versions of Higg (e.g., identifying
gaps, guidance needed, faulty scoring, etc)
• Identify industry opportunities for collective action
• And all other content of this nature
You acknowledge that the Content will be used by SAC in aggregate with the
Content of other Higg Users, and in the process your identity or your
company or organization’s identity may be revealed to other Higg Users.
USE OF IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal and identifying information collected through our Site for purposes described in
this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our services. For example, we
may use your information to:
• operate and improve our Site, products, and services;
• to identify you as a user in our system;
• understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience using our Site, products,
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• provide and deliver products and services you request;
• to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices,
updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.;
• fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
SAC may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
You acknowledge that your Identifying Information will be used by SAC and
in the process your personal information such as your name and contact
information may be revealed to other Higg Users.
SHARING OF IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AND HIGG USER CONTENT VIA THE
Users of Higg.org may choose to connect with other users through the Connecting feature
(“Connections”). When a User chooses to use this feature, all Higg Content posted to Higg.org
will be shared with these Connections, including user and Member profile information and
posted Modules, and all associated content including your company’s Higg scores.
HIGG USER AND IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may disclose your Higg Content and Identifying Information as described below and as
described elsewhere in this Policy:
• with affiliates;
• with third party vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who work for
us and need access to your information to do that work;
• to (i) comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process, (ii) to protect the
rights and property of SAC, our agents, customers, members, and others including to enforce
or (iv) to protect the property and safety of SAC, its customers, or any other person or entity;
• in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, dissolution,
transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion
of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or
receivership, Higg Content and Identifying Information may also be transferred as a business
asset. If another organization acquires SAC, its business, or assets, that organization will
possess the License to the Higg Content and your Indentifying Information collected by us
and may assume the rights and obligations as described in this Policy.
• to create anonymized data records from your Higg Content and Identifying Information by
excluding information that makes the data identifiable to you. SAC uses this anonymized
data to create and enhance the content of our Index and Services. We may share this
anonymized data on an aggregated basis with the public or with third parties at our sole
SECURITY OF YOUR HIGG CONTENT AND IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
SAC and its third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and
need access to your Higg Content and Identifying Information will take reasonable steps to
protect this information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure,
alteration, and destruction.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the SAC and its members, licensors, vendors,
and any contributors to the Site and/or Index and their respective officers, directors, members,
managers, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, (collectively, the “Indemnified
Parties”), from any and all claims, liability, damages, losses, suits and/or costs suffered by you
and/or your parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or suppliers related to your use of the
HIGG INDEX and any of its features, including but not limited to the Connecting feature.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to
set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or
reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. To opt-out of interestbased
advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California
residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information
to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send
an e-mail to [E-MAIL ADDRESS][ or write us at: [MAILING ADDRESS]].]
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we
use your Higg Content or Identifying Information, we will notify you via Higg.org. Any changes
to this Policy will be effective immediately. Please note that at all times you are responsible for
updating your personal information to provide us with your most current e-mail address.
Continued use of our Site or service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your
acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com