SUSTAINABLE APPAREL COALITION
Last Updated October 31, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT, 2 TYPES
- HIGG CONTENT
We encourage you to provide specific information about your company or organization and to respond to questions posed on the Site and in the Higg Index. All information entered by Higg Users regarding the Higg Users’ company or organization in Higg.org is the “Higg Content” or “Content.”
Higg Content includes:
- Responses to all Higg indicators (text, answer options selected, numbers, units, etc)
- Account profile information
- User profile information
- Primary data entered for all Higg metrics
- Comments entered as notes or leading practices
- Documents uploaded into Higg module or verification field
- Brand and facility site information (e.g., annual production data, % applicabilities)
- Export results
- And all other content of this nature
- IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you in various ways when you use our Services:
- We may collect personal information such as your first and last name, professional title, company name, email and mailing addresses, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”);
- When you order certain Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information;
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account;
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply;
- We may also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF CONTENT AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use Higg Content collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Provide industry benchmarks, trends, and analytics
- Identify leading industry practices
- Improve content and scoring frameworks for future versions of Higg (e.g., identifying gaps, guidance needed, faulty scoring, etc)
- Identify industry opportunities for collective action
- And all other content of this nature
USE OF IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal and identifying information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Site, products, and services;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience using our Site, products, and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
SAC may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
You acknowledge that your Identifying Information will be used by SAC and in the process your personal information such as your name and contact information may be revealed to other Higg Users.
SHARING OF IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AND HIGG USER CONTENT VIA THE SHARING FEATURE
Users of Higg.org may choose to share modules with other users through the Sharing feature (“Sharing”). When a User chooses to use this feature, all Higg Content posted to Higg.org will be shared with the accounts selected for Sharing, including user and profile information and posted Modules, and all associated content including your company’s Higg scores.
HIGG USER AND IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may disclose your Higg Content and Identifying Information as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy:
- with affiliates;
- with third party vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Higg Content and Identifying Information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another organization acquires SAC, its business, or assets, that organization will possess the License to the Higg Content and your Identifying Information collected by us and may assume the rights and obligations as described in this Policy.
- to create anonymized data records from your Higg Content and Identifying Information by excluding information that makes the data identifiable to you. SAC uses this anonymized data to create and enhance the content of our Index and Services. We may share this anonymized data on an aggregated basis with the public or with third parties at our sole discretion.
SECURITY OF YOUR HIGG CONTENT AND IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
SAC and its third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your Higg Content and Identifying Information will take reasonable steps to protect this information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your Higg Content or Identifying Information, we will notify you via Higg.org. Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us with your most current e-mail address. Continued use of our Site or service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org