Last Updated: July 25, 2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Site:
- We may collect personal information such as your first and last name, professional title, company name, email and mailing addresses, and password if you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”);
- If you provide information into the Higg Index or other Higg Co tools (“User Content”), we will collect all information you submit;
- If you order certain Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information;
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you may store if using your Account;
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email;
- We may also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily if you contact us, e.g., via email regarding support for the Services.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF CONTENT AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products, tools, indices, and Services;
- Identify leading industry practices;
- Improve content and scoring frameworks for future versions of the Higg Index (e.g., identifying gaps, guidance needed, faulty scoring, etc);
- Identify industry opportunities for collective action;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience using our Site, products, tools, indices, and Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Higg Co and others;
Higg Co may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You acknowledge that your personal information such as your name and contact information may be revealed to other Higg Users.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may disclose your User Content and information about you as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy:
- with affiliates;
- with third party vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, User Content and information about you may also be transferred as a business asset. If another organization acquires Higg Co, its business, or assets, that organization will possess the license to the User Content and information about you and may assume the rights, permissions, and obligations as described in this Policy.
- to create anonymized data records from your User Content and other information about you by excluding information that makes the data identifiable to you. Higg Co uses this anonymized data to create and enhance the content of our Services. We may share this anonymized data on an aggregated basis with the public or with third parties at our sole discretion.
SECURITY OF YOUR CONTENT AND IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Higg Co and its third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your User Content and other information about you will take reasonable steps to protect this information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
You may update certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our products and Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our products, tools, indices, and Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
DATA SUBJECT REQUESTS
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can log into your account. Alternatively, you may contact us as indicated below.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your Data Protection Authority, please see:
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your User Content or other information about you, we will notify you via our website. Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us with your most current e-mail address. Continued use of our Site or service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com