The Higg Index is an online self-assessment tool developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, that standardizes the measurement of environmental and social impacts in the apparel, footwear, and textile industry. The Higg Index is the standard sustainability reporting tool used by over 8,000 manufacturers and 150 brands globally. It eliminates the need for duplicative self-assessments and helps identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Note: If you are not in the apparel, footwear, or textile industry, you may still be requested to complete the Higg Index. Some companies are using the Higg Index with facilities across various industries because the tool comprehensively measures environmental and social impacts at the factory level.
Please follow the steps below to get started on higg.org, complete, and share your 2017 Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM):
- REGISTER each facility you own for a Higg Index account.
- On the new Higg.org web platform, an account represents one factory site (1 account = 1 factory); you must set up a separate account for every factory that wants to submit a module.
- If you previously had an existing Higg account: You will receive an email with a registration link to set up your existing account in November.
- If you are new to the Higg Index: Visit org after December 1, 2017 and click “Request Access” to submit new account information. You will receive an email to register once your account is approved, within one to two business days.
- Note: If you are an agent/vendor, brand/retailer, or other organization, you will be able to register starting on December 4, 2017.
- PAY to access your 2017 Higg FEM for each facility account during registration.
- Payment using a credit card is the fastest and easiest option. Enter credit card payment in the registration form and gain immediate access to your higg.org account.
- Payment with an invoice using a bank transfer is available for facilities that are unable to pay by credit card. This process will take one to two weeks; when payment is received, a coupon code will be emailed granting access to your Higg.org account.
- SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT: Make sure the information in the “Account Settings” section is correct, and invite your colleagues into your account by accessing “My Team.”
- COMPLETE YOUR 2017 Higg FEM: Start and complete your 2017 Higg FEM by accessing “My Modules” and clicking “Edit Module.” Make sure to complete the “Site Info & Permits” section first.
- SHARE YOUR MODULE with customers/business partners or request modules from others by accessing “Sharing.”
- BENCHMARK RESULTS AND REVIEW IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES by accessing “Dashboards.”
- Note: This feature will not be available until after January 1, 2018.
Training & Support
If you need help while using the Higg Index, please review the training and support resources on the Higg Index training website, www.HowtoHigg.org. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact Higg Index support by clicking the “Submit a Request” button at the top of the page on www.HowtoHigg.org.
We appreciate your effort as we work to enable an efficient and sustainable supply chain across the apparel, footwear, and textile industry and beyond.