All new and existing users must register for the new Higg.org platform. The process for registration will depend on if you are setting up a new account or registering for an account that existed on the old platform.
New Account Structure
One account represents a single factory site (1 account = 1 facility). For those that have used the Higg Index in the past, “Profiles” no longer exist in the new platform. Instead, your previous facility profile will be set up as its own account. If you own multiple facilities, you will need to register separate accounts for each facility.
- Note: Please only set up accounts for facilities you own/work for. If you contract with a facility, please request that the facility sets up its own account on Higg.org. Never set up a Higg account for a facility you do not own/work for directly. Only accounts that will post a Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM) should be set up as Facility Accounts.
- If you are an agent/vendor or other organization that works with facilities but do not own facilities and will not be completing the Higg FEM, you will need to register as an “Other” account type after January 1, 2018. Please do not register as a Facility Account in November.
If you are registering for an existing account that was on the old Higg.org platform:
All existing Higg Index users will be emailed an invitation link to set up their account on the new Higg.org platform in November 2017. Invitations will be sent in batches between November 1 and November 30, 2017. Please check your email throughout the month for your invitation link.
- When you receive the invitation email from the Higg Index, please click the “Register” button in the email, which will take you to Higg.org to set up your account.
- Please note that you will only receive one registration link by email, even if you had multiple facility accounts before. After you set up your first account you will be able to set up additional facility accounts from inside the Higg.org platform and you do not need additional registration links for this.
- If you did not receive your registration invitation: please go to Higg.org and click "Request Access", search for the account you would like to register, and submit the registration request form.
- Note: You will set up a new username and password. Your past username and password are not transferred to the new system and will not work.
- Your account name and address will pre-populate on the registration form. Complete the remaining registration fields to continue.
- If you are an SAC member please make sure you have received a coupon code by email to bypass the payment step. If you are a member and have not received a coupon code please email email@example.com
- If you are unsure whether your company is an SAC member you can check the member list at the bottom of the page here: http://apparelcoalition.org/members/?fwp_view=listview.
- Once you complete the registration fields, you will be prompted to pay to access the Higg.org platform. For instructions on payment, please review the org Platform Guide: Payment.
Registering for multiple accounts
If you need to set up multiple facility accounts, you can do so after you register your first account and can log into Higg.org. To start, log into the first account you have registered on Higg.org, then:
- Click on your name at the top right of the screen
- At the bottom of the drop-down click “Add Account”
- This will take you to a new registration page where you can register your next account.
- You can repeat this step for as many accounts as you need to set up
If you are registering for a new account that did not exist on the old Higg.org platform:
- Submit a request to access Higg.org:
- Visit Higg.org and click “Request Access” at the top of the screen.
- Before you enter a new account name, use the account search to make sure your facility is not already registered in the Higg.org database.
- If you find your facility name through the search, select it by clicking the checkbox and complete the rest of the form. This means someone has already set up your facility account. The user who set up your account will be notified to approve your registration.
- If you do not find your facility through the search, select “Register New Account.”
- Enter your facility name under “New Account Name.” Please enter the full name of your facility clearly so it is recognized by all your business partners.
- If your facility is owned by a parent company, select the company using the “Parent Company” If you do not see your parent company listed, select “Add a New Parent Company”
- Once you complete the form, click “Request Invite” at the bottom of the page. You will receive an email link to set up your account, within one to two business days, once your account is approved by the Higg Index support team.
If you have questions or need support, please first review the training materials on www.HowtoHigg.org.
If you cannot find the answer to your questions, click “Submit a Request” at the top of the page to submit a support request.